Audio Software Developer (full time) - Witney, Oxfordshire
Posted on: 15/09/2023.
We are looking for an Audio Software Developer to join the award-winning team at Sonnox in Finstock, Oxfordshire.
Sonnox is an established audio plugin and software company based in rural Oxfordshire. Since 2007, we've continued to obsess over creating the best, most innovative products to supplement and enhance Digital Audio Workstations, such as Logic, Ableton, ProTools, Studio One and Cubase.
Our products are used by Grammy-winning professionals and hobbyists alike, from the most prestigious recording studios, film production houses, games manufacturers and global broadcasters to music producers, engineers, and mastering facilities.
Having recently joined the Focusrite Group, our motivated and dynamic team benefits from the support of ten highly respected pro-audio brands while retaining our small team feel and passion for audio and technology.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with product designers to bring audio plugins and applications to life using the JUCE framework.
- Maintain existing products alongside developers and QA colleagues.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Strong experience in C++ software development
- Expertise with JUCE and cross-platform development for Windows and macOS
- Knowledge of plugin formats (AAX, AU, VST3)
- Familiarity with DAWs such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and Cubase
- Strong team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bonus: experience in the audio industry, interest in music production, creative problem-solving skills, ability to meet deadlines
- 10% personal development time
- Pension and lifestyle benefits
- Small company atmosphere with the support of a large group
- Beautiful and peaceful location in Finstock, Oxfordshire
About the Focusrite Group:
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, our solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity – ‘we make music easy to make’.
The Focusrite Group trades under eleven established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Oberheim, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Ampify Music, Linea Research and Sonnox. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in, and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including six Queen's Awards, the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021 and regular appearances in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For’.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great workplace; as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group's mission is to cultivate an internal and external equitable culture where all people feel welcome, safe and positively represented because, at Focusrite, they truly are. Equally, we recognise the major impact climate change has on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon-neutral future.
If you meet the requirements and are excited to join our young and dynamic team, please apply through the Focusrite Group's dedicated portal.
Other open vacancies:
As part of the Focusrite Group plc, all vacancies are listed at workable.com/Focusrite