You want believable and natural sounding doubles but don’t have access to your vocalist, or the time required to:
- Record extra takes in order to comp doubles
- Transfer a lead take into an external editor, make copies of it and then manipulate the pitch and timing of them
Maybe you like the speed of using a classic stereo imager, chorus or harmonising effect, but aren’t so happy with the rather unnatural artefacts that can often occur?
Enter VoxDoubler. Bespoke designed to give you the best of these two approaches; ease of use, real-time processing and results that sound as lifelike as if the doubled parts were actually multi-tracked.
Saving you time, money and maintaining your creative flow.
“It sounds terrific and is so easy to use”
Generates two new mono voices and pans them to the left and right of the original vocal.
- Widening a mono performance, ranging from subtle enhancement to a stack of hard-panned voices
Or why not try:
- Manually processing the new doubled voices separately, then mixing them back in parallel with the original
“This IS the best Vocal Doubler I've used so far. Very natural sounding even soloed!”
Generates a new stereo doubled voice and overlaps it with the original vocal.
Great for thickening a:
- Mono performance, emulating the effect of singing the same part twice
- Stereo group of voices by doubling each voice
- Generate believable double and triple vocal tracks to create width, depth or add thickness
- Humanise section to adjust the Timing and Pitch of the doubles relative to the original vocal
- Depth control to push the new doubled voices deeper into the mix
- Tone control to prevent sibilant doubles from becoming distracting, or to brighten those that are too muddy
- Track/Aux mode allows you to apply the effect in place or, for more advanced control, mix it in parallel on an aux return
- A more cost-effective alternative, both in terms of initial outlay and speed of use, than more complex and manual processes
- Engineered for vocals, but try it on instruments too!
- Hallmark Sonnox audio precision, transparency and reliability
I just tested it, and as an Eventide and Soundtoys user...it's a welcome addition because it's natural as hell...
The algorithm is fantastic in this plugin, like nothing I have ever heard before!
This IS the best vocal doubler I've used so far. Very natural sounding even soloed! It even makes a beginner vocalist sound like they can do tight unison vocals.
Just a shout-out to you guys at Sonnox for how amazing this gem of a plug-in is. It sounds terrific and is so easy to use… This will be a go-to plug-in in my arsenal.
I've just a had quick play on an edited lead vocal and straight away it’s probably the best doubler I've used to be honest. It sounds very natural and it's not complicated to use at all. A great plug-in that I will use with immediate effect.
I love the fact that even though it says it’s mostly for vocals, it thickens up a lot of other sonic material.
- Pro Tools 10.3.8, 11.3.2, 12 – AAX Native
- Approved Pro Tools CPU, OS and hardware configuration: www.avid.com
- Audio Units-compatible application (Logic, Digital Performer etc.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.12
VST2 / VST3
- VST2 or VST3 compatible application (Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia etc.)
- Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.12
- Windows 7 or later
Compatibile with any desktop application that supports Audio Unit (AU), VST2 or VST3 Plug-Ins.
Also supports Pro Tools AAX Native Plug-In format
The VoxDoubler does not support Avid’s TDM/HDX hardware DSP platform (including Venue, S3L and S6L systems), Waves SoundGrid or Universal Audio's UAD platform.
|Sample Rate (kHz)||Latency (Samples)||Latency (ms)|
|44.1 – 48 kHz:||✔|
|88.2 – 96 kHz:||✔|
|176.4 – 192 kHz:||✔|